MEDION is a company based in the heart of the German Ruhr area. As part of Lenovo Group, we develop and market high-quality electronic products and also offer reliable digital services for our customers and trading partners. We are pragmatic, hands-on and frank. We are MEDION. How about you?
For our location in Essen we are looking for you to immediately start as a/an
Technical Product Manager Smart/IOT Products (m/f/d)
- You are taking the technical responsibility for the MEDION SMART DEVICE CLOUD
- A close exchange with our software developers is a central task
- Part of your work will be the identification and definition of use case scenarios for connected and smart devices.
- Develop and formulate user stories for feature enhancements in our applications.
- For software and method related topics, you are the interface to internal and external stakeholders
- You identify potential security risks as well as bugs and structural issues not only in our IOT Cloud structure but also in our Theme world Applications (iOS/Android)
- USPs can be technology and/or feature driven and many partner companies provide the basis for our success. You are observing the market, especially in regards to new wifi and communication standards/chipsets and ensure that our products are always equipped with up-to-date communication tools
- During international trade fairs, you will assist our sales team with your product knowledge
- As a product person you will also need to test, verify and evaluate new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Technical Management or a comparable degree
- First experiences either as product owner of Apps or in software development are mandatory
- Knowledge of common programming languages in the area of apps and cloud infrastructures are required (Java, React Native, Firebase, PWA, CSS, etc.)
- Work experience in a similar field are welcome (Software Architecture, Scrum Master, Mobil Application etc.)
- You have worked on cloud based projects
- Databases like Cosmos DB, MySQL and Redux are familiar to you
- Experience in Frontend and Backend development are highly appreciated
- You have been worked according to Agile Methods like Scrum or Kanban
- Strong and sustainable interest in consumer electronics
- Technical understanding and technical affinity to hard- and software topics.
- Ability to understand technically complex topics and to derive to do’s accordingly
- Ability to work cross-functional with many teams
- Hands-on mentality and business acumen
- Fluent in English and German
- Excellent MS Office skills are presumed
- Experience using tools such as GitLab, GitHub, Confluence, Instana, etc.
- Exciting challenges in demanding projects
- Room for your own ideas and inspiration
- Become part of a communicative corporate culture, where team spirit, motivation and hands-on mentality is our way of thinking and acting
- Well accessible by public transport
- Flexible work time
- Discount on MEDION products and company discount program for employees
- Attractive options for health programs, activities and sports
You will work in a highly motivated and qualified team, with a lot of passion and commitment. Flat hierarchies and efficient structures help with working on demanding and varied tasks. We highly appreciate diversity at MEDION - all different applicants are highly welcome. Did we just describe your dream job? Then don‘t hesitate and use our online contact form to apply. We are looking forward to receiving your application.