MEDION is a company based in the heart of the German Ruhr area. As part of Lenovo Group, we develop and market high-quality electronic products and also offer reliable digital services for our customers and trading partners. We are pragmatic, hands-on and frank. We are MEDION. How about you?
For our location in Essen we are looking for you to immediately start as a/an
Product Manager Android Devices and Smart Assistants (m/f)
- Together with your team members you will be responsible for the formulation of a product strategy which is based on market insights and oriented along customer needs.
- Part of your work will be the identification and definition of use case scenarios for Android based products (existing and new products) which you base on your profound market research.
- The consumer electronics industry is fast paced and to stay competitive you will be required to spot the latest trends and assess its potentials. You will be given the chance to present your ideas as business cases to the senior management.
- As the project lead you will be the major interface between our suppliers in Asia and our internal departments (quality management, design, purchase, marketing, and sales) in Germany. You will chair the regular conference calls in English and be responsible for the formulation and content of project deadlines.
- To guarantee a good project comprehensibility, you will create and maintain a project plan and product data base.
- We put focus on strong vendor relations and high-quality output. To guarantee this you will have the chance to travel to China from time to time.
- To reduce business risks you will settle the contractual framework with new suppliers and be the interface to our legal department.
- USPs can be technology and/or feature driven and many partner companies (e.g. Dolby, Qualcomm, Mediatek, Corning, etc.) provide the basis for our success. You and your team will communicate with these companies and assess pricing, competitiveness and potential for our products.
- During international trade fairs, you will assist our sales team with your product knowledge
- As a product person you will of course also need to test, verify and evaluate new technologies. Assessing prototypes and discussing new ideas will be part of your daily business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration and/or industrial engineering
- First experiences in either product or project management are mandatory
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a similar field are welcome but not mandatory
- Strong and sustainable interest in consumer electronics
- Ideally you are an Android user and the one in your circle of friends who everyone asks for advice when it comes to technology
- Technical understanding and technical affinity to hard- and software topics.
- Ability to understand technically complex topics and to derive to do’s accordingly
- Curious about and open for new technologies
- Ability to work cross-functional with many teams
- Intercultural competences (knowledge of Asian culture are favourable)
- Willingness to travel to Asia several times a year
- Hands-on mentality and business acumen
- Fluent in English and German, Chinese basics are an advantage
- Excellent MS Office skills are presumed
You will work in a highly motivated and qualified team, with a lot of passion and commitment. Flat hierarchies and efficient structures help with working on demanding and varied tasks. Did we just describe your dream job? Then don't hesitate and use our online contact form to apply. We are looking forward to receiving your application.